Tuesday, October 30, 2012

New Views

So this is where I'm sitting right now.


It's my roof. :) I'm listening to the murmur of cicadas, construction, honking, and children's voices. Really enjoying my time up here these days, now that the weather's cooled to more or less comfortable temps. My roof even has it's own, well, roof, so the hammock's just as usable when it rains. Almost a bit of peaceful space in this crazy city.

I've been meaning to get this post up for a couple of months now. (Oops.) I can't believe how the time has flown - October's already over!? It's partly the weather/my brain playing tricks on me. Right now temps are roughly equivalent to Minnesota's late August, so my brain just can't comprehend that it's practically November. Anyway, here's a few pictures of my "new" neighborhood.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a "charming" place to live. I doubt Vietnamese would describe it as
such, either. But it does hold some bit of charm somewhere in it's narrow allies, graying but colorful houses, Vietnamese flags, vine-draped power lines, and neighborhood shops. There's also something a bit homey about the constant motion of people out playing volleyball, kids kicking soccer balls, grandma's chasing toddlers, etc.


Oh, and I should note that the lack of people/things on the road are highly abnormal. These were shot on a very hot day a couple month's ago over the lunch hour, when everyone's home for food and naps. 

So. For those of you who've been wondering where on earth I live these days...there it is. :)


1 comment:

  1. I don't know, it looks pretty charming to me :-). I'm probably missing out on some other factors though, such as the smell factor.

    ReplyDelete